Thursday, August 12, 2004

Working and Waiting...

This day in History!

1851 - Isaac Singer receives patent for the sewing machine.
1898 - Hawaiian sovereignty is transferred to the United States.
1908 - The first Ford Model T is built.

Buck Owens (1929), George Hamilton (1939) and Pete Sampras (1971) share a birthday.

I'm blogging later than usual today. Today was a beautiful day. Well at least for Texas. The high was only 86 degrees with low humidity. Low enough that the air was turned off, a fan was put in a window and I let the air circulate.

I normally work later at night during the summer since it's cooler. I'm sitting next to my desk with a To-Do list of things on it. Although right now one of my cats, Tiger, a ringed tabby, has confiscated my workspace. This summer, of all, he found a place that suits him. On my desk, usually when my desk light is on. My other cat, Molly, is curled up behind me on my futon blissfully sleeping. Well, at least until I leave my office.

I've been pretty productive the past few days. Although, I know the whole time I've had a job opportunity return call in my mind. I'm suppose to hear this week if I can continue onto an 'in-person' meeting. BTW........

I just found out today that another colleague has found a planning job in Texas. She is very deserving of this opportunity and I wish her the very best. I will miss her, but that kinda comes with the territory with graduation.

That's the nice thing about planning, much less Texas planning that there are plenty of opportunities for us to bump into each other over the years.

So never the less, I'm working and getting things done while waiting, but at least I'm not hurrying up to wait.

My wife and I made some major decisions. Not really earth changing. We just simply were able to make some decisions to solidify some near and far future events that have been up in the air which helps to solidify the dominoe effect of other events. It was not necessarily due to us as it was the economy of cost. Regardless, it feels good to make some of those type of decisions.

Other than that there's not too much else. It's suppose to be cool for the next few days so I'm sure that I'll mow the front and back yards and most likely we'll work more in the yard this weekend.

Laters,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home