Saturday, July 09, 2005

What a doozy of a week

Sorry, this promised post will be quite short.

This was a doozy of a week, which is an understatement. My department had a planner resign immediately this week. The reasons are unknown to me, be it office or city politics or personal reasoning. Which is strange since I tend to be nosy at times. I really don't care. My first thought was actually what's next and what needs to be done.

As my Senior Planner told me when she announced the resignation, this was a time for me to kinda step up to the plate. I kinda felt like a fighter on the catapult, straining against the launch restraint bar. Waiting to be hurdled off the deck. And then WHOOSH, off we go. I still feel that way. She mentioned that she was already duly impressed with my knowledge and work ethic, which was really nice. Basically this is a challenge to work on and I'm ready. I will actually have direct imput on to our changes and be a key figure in implementing those changes. WOW. I never imagined something like this in my first planning job. I'll keep ya'll up to date.

Laters,
Urban P.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home