Friday, May 13, 2005

Checkerboard 552 Cleared for Takeoff........

Well, as you might not notice. I have made a few changes. I've added some friends and fixed one of my dead links. It should all be going now.

There's some new news!

I got a job.

I will be working for a city in the Houston area. I am excited about all the opportunities. It's probably one of the best opportunities as a "First Job in a career" kinda thing. Although I must admit that it's not my home town of the Dallas area. BUT that's not a terribly bad thing, and in my profession moving around is actually the norm. Well, I've taken this long to look in a highly limited geographic area and somewhat successful. Although, I don't plan on following the industry norm. By this I mean, the norm is to work in New York, then Boston, then somewhere in Connecticut, then somewhere on the West coast, not like other side of Metropolis kinda thing. I'm definately the moving to the other side of town kinda thing. I am a home body.

I must admit again that I am not good with major changes (i.e. high-school to college, college to first job), I'm the worryer, but it must my maturity from my last move after high school because it doesn't seem to be as bad this time around. The hypocracity of it is is that I'm not good with major changes yet I am in a profession that thrives and manages change of cities and communities. Explain that to me.........

So, my wife and I know that we plan to move back to the Dallas area sometime in the future within a time line of about 10 years. It's nothing really set in stome, just how life goes. (i.e. opportunities, kids, family situations, etc.......) It could be sooner, or it could be a little longer. Now that I'll be gaining working planning experience, It might be a bit better for me to get into the Dallas area job market.

That's all I have for now.

Laters,

Urban P.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dezi said...

I got a job, too!!! May is obviously a great month for getting a new job!

5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home