Sunday, February 20, 2005

The Winter Blues

Again, it's been a while. I must say that blogging has not been that high on my list of priorities lately.

Still job searching. I'm kinda depressed right now because I was running along all fine with interviews up until about the first part of January, then they just kinda dried up. To top that one of the positions I applied for was relisted a few weeks ago, hence, confirming a gut idea I had. I was told another candidate was chosen and much less it was e-mail to me. Again, how can some of these fellow planners really expect the best when they treat the less experienced ones without any professionalism. It would have made it easier just to have simply told the truth, that due to unforseen circumstances they had to cancel the position for now and to reapply at a later date, instead I feel that I was simply lied to to make it easier.

Some of the contacts that I met at the conference I met I feel are not doing there jobs. Anyways, I'm still plugging away. It feels dark and I have very strong reservations. I've never really been THIS far before. I still feel as though the Lord is with me and my wife, whom is also unemployed now.

Things have been resolved with much of my family (regarding family moving back to Texas). My wife and I are all that's left with plans up in the air. I'M READY FOR THIS TO BE OVER AND TO MOVE ON WITH MY LIFE! However, we had two really good friends come over last evening and it was really good. I must say again, I'm beginning to feel ashamed that I can't get a job. One of the friends has been able to "put another ear to the ground" for me, which is great, but I'm definately becoming much quieter about the job search and how tough it is.

As an end right now, I can only think that "things are always darkest before the light!" Anybody got a flashlight! I know I'm on the verge, just how high or how close to the edge. I don't know.

Laters,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home