Saturday, April 23, 2005

......Then Again, It's Not!!!

Well I've been passed over AGAIN! I was hoping I could tell ya'll I had an offer, subsequently I got the phone call just before quitting time yesterday. "We've already made an offer to another candidtae!" This one really hurts too, I worked really hard, brought my A-game and everything. I still have some other opportunities, but this is the brass ring that I wanted and I wanted bad. I know I was in at least the top 3 or 4, but that's not good enough.

One thing that makes me worry now is what the director, another alumni of my college, said. He mentioned that he was worried about how the planners from our school were not as marketable as the once were and that a rival school had basically taken its place. I had first assumed that that was because my class was the last with a good professor whom has since retired and we were the last class to experience a real-life planning project, but it does make me wonder. Especially, since I'm trying so damned hard to work in the Dallas-Fort Worth area and it's located in Arlington. AH, shoot, I just don't know what to think. I have thoughts as to reasons why a lot of things happen. I back to not knowing what to do. One thing I do know is that I'm beginning to the possibility to look at other avenues other than planning. I've got to get something soon.....I have got to start a life for myself and my wife.....even if that means no planning. But hey, none of my contacts and/or mentors are willing to help and/or give advice either, so it'll be their loss if I leave.

Laters,
Gotta keep looking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home