Sunday, August 22, 2004

Saturday's Catching Up

History Today........(for August 21st, 2004)
1841 - The venetian blind was patented.
1959 - Hawaii was admitted as the 50th state.

Birthdays....Wilt Chamberlain (1936), Kenny Rogers (1938), Kim Cattrall (1956)

It's been a while since I've last posted. It's late already as it is so this may have to be somewhat short since there's church tomorrow.

This week most of my time was spend watching the Olympics and doing the daily day to day things. I did find out my parents are coming to visit next week and I'm looking forward to that. It also means that tomorrow, or rather that, later today (Sunday), will be a day to get the laundry, groceries, and church along with the To-Do lists for this week to prepare.

Yesterday was pretty bad. I got a double whammy.

For the first whammy. I first heard from my job opportunity that they had already chosen another candidate. It lead me to believe that there was first a telephone then in-person interviews for all finalists. It sounded as if they already had the in-person interview, meaning that they had interviewed one of the finalist, the one they picked. Regardless, all of the finalist, including me were well 'qualified' for the position. I feel good for that. I gave it a try and am revising certain things to come at job opportunities more directly and God just meant for me not to work there.

For the second whammy. I received an e-mail not more than 10 minutes after hearing from my first job opportunity loss I heard from another job opportunity's human resource department that another position I had applied for over a month ahead that the position had been filled. I was surprisingly not so upset about the position being filled, since no news over time leans towards that outcome (although I've heard that most cities take up to 6 weeks to call for an interview), but was moreover that it took OVER A WEEK for them to reply to my e-mail.
Here I am, a recent graduate with a form of professional etiquette and ethics dictated to us about how it happens "in the real world" and then to have it thrown back in our faces. I can sympathize that they are busy and somewhat 'overloaded'. Again, here I am taking the time to apply and write formal letters to apply and I cannot even get a dignified response to simply say "your application was recieved."Essentially they are saying, "DON'T CALL US, WE'LL CALL YOU!!!!" I guess it's just a sellers market for now. It'll be interesting when it becomes a buyer's market when planners like myself are in need in about 10 years.

I hate to say this, but it makes me want to make a list of the cities that basically don't want to bother with people like me. Then, it wants to make me try harder and become an exceptional professional planner. Never the less, I will remember it. No, not negatively, at least trying not to, but to take this and improve myself to even better heights and thus basically 'learning a lesson from what's happened!" Eventually I believe that what comes around goes around.

That's enough for now. P.S. Note to self - I may need to add more links in my discussion.

Laters,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home