Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Closing out 2007

It's been a busy year. I'm looking forward to wrapping up this year and preparing for the next as in 2008 we will have an even busier year.

Some of the things that happened this year:

My wife started her new position with the same company (jumping about 4 years ahead);
I became a free mason in July;
My wife got pregnant and is expecting a due date around March '08 (first baby!);
I passed my AICP test (American Institute of Certified Planners);
We held our first Christmas at our house. (since my wife cannot travel due to the pregnancy!)

Work is the same for both of us. Although next year, I'll start working on longer range planning, which is exciting. However, I am a bit taken aback since part of me feels like I'm going back to the way I was when I started my position with this municipality. Though, it was pretty much as a current planner, I had no long range experience and just like I learned with current planning, I'll learn with long range planning.

I actually turned down the opportunity earlier this year to move up to the next level for current planning in favor for waiting and moving up in a senior position and helping to start a long range planning division for our municipality. We now have the staff level that we are not reactionary, but beginning to attempt to be proactive. I think it'll be worth it and work is actually becoming fun again with learning new things.

Laters,
Urban P.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home