Tuesday, October 05, 2004

TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY........No Soup for You!

Well, since this is MY day........let's do history! So shall we........

1921 - The World Series is broadcast for the first time.
1947 - Harry Truman makes the first televised White Houst address to the United States.
1962 - The Beatles release their first hit, "Love Me Do."
1969 - First broadcase of Monty Python's Flying Circus.
1970 - PBS becomes a television network.
2000 - Slobodan Milosevic resigns in Belgrade due to mass demonstrations.

Birthdays.....ME ME ME ME (197?), Chester A. Arthur (1830), Robert Goddard (1882), Ray Croc (1902), Barry Switzer (1937), Steve Miller (1943), Bernie Mac (1958), Daniel Baldwin (1960), Michael Andretti (1962), Mario Lemieux (1965), Patrick Roy (1965), Grant Hill (1972), and Kate Winslet (1975).

You know it's amazing! My whole life I thought that I was one of the few people born on this day. It was only about a year ago that I actually read somewhere that October 5th was actually the day of the year with the most birthdays. Then all of a sudden I meet alot of people with my birthday. It's kinda nice, but I may prefer later in life that I never knew that.

Well, as I kid every year. One of my presents I request is to sleep in late. This year I made it to 7:45 a.m. I should really not complain because it's better than 6. I think my wife would have something to say if it were 6, not so much for the phone call, but the aftermath of Tiger realizing one of us is up and its time for the morning petting.

I did some more phone calls today to find some added assistance on resume, cover letter, and interviewing tips. I got it, didn't do anything after that. I had another one of those slightly "let me know it's there" sinus headaches.

My wife came home and I took a short nap (a result of the Sinutab I took) and we had a nice quiet dinner. Talked to both sets of parents and here I am now. Didn't either bother with the debates, heard that they were pretty much like the others. However, did watch Wing Nuts where the company MotoArt takes aircraft scrap and turns it into furniture. As an architect and creative person it looks and sounds cool. 2 problems though: I wouldn't have the thousands of dollars to purchase one, nor any place to do it justice. Maybe someday I'll have the chance to do a small project for myself.

Other than that my birthday has been pretty much ok, it could have been better, but it could have been alot worse too. I still thank the Lord for this day, and for what he's allowed me to do with it and/or done to help me.

Laters,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home