Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Springing Back

Today's History........bet you missed it!
1814 - Francis Scott Key writes the Star Spankled Banner
1948 - Ground is broken on the United Nations H.Q. in New York.
1959 - Luna 2 crashes into the Moon and becomes the first human spacecraft to reach it.

Walter Koenig (1936), and Sam Neill (1947) have birthdays!

WOW! It sure has been a while.
Alot has happened, but I don't think I can explain it all.

Well, I had a job interview. I didn't feel all out confident in it. The style was different and I showed them some of my work, but I must admit I was impressed. I was impressed with the city (where they were in the planning transition, being a suburb of Dallas, I can explain it later!) ,the people in the planning department, and their approach to planning along with the direction of the leadership. Well, I must have done something good. I got a call for a request to a secondary telephone interview later this week. Sooo, we'll see. I'm praying.

Being in Dallas I got to do alot of things I needed to do. I took my car in for some warranty issues, but found out my car was not on the list. Regardless they found some other stuff we figured they might check after we noticed things the night before on our way to dinner. Anyways, I actually found a birthday gift for my wife coming back from my interview. I'd like to tell ya'll what it is, but she may read this. Incidentally, today I was able to do some errands catching up on some stuff and on the way to one of my favorite gallery, I found a place where I got her Christmas present. This is very unusual I though WAY FAR ahead.

So when I got back we decided to go see her parents near Houston for the weekend. I did some painting at their place since we're getting ready to move them from California to Texas. It was really nice. I got to paint some and rest some. I wished I could have painted more, but I last week had just taken sooo much out of me. Basically on the run from 8 a.m. to 12 a.m. for several days in a row. Well, basically enough that I needed to take a nap. It's been a while since I took naps earlier this summer.

All in all the past few weeks have been nice. I got to spend more time with family I had not expected to. This was nice. I got some small stuff done and off my plate.

Planning related........
There's an interesting list of the 25 most influential people to affect planning before 1978.
The thing that really gets me....most of these people are DEAD. I'm interested on how current things are? I have a few ideas, but I'll have to leave that for tomorrow. You know, to keep ya hanging on!!! Unfortunately, I'm just mostly exhausted. I'll see ya'll.

Laters,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home