Thursday, September 23, 2004

The Calm Before The Storm

That has more than one meaning........now our history lesson for today.

490 B.C. - The Battle of Marathon happens, the basis of the story behind marathon running.
1806 - Lewis and Clark return from the Pacific Northwest.
1846 - Neptune was discovered and verified.
1962 - The Jetson's aired for the first time on television.
2002 - The Mozilla browser, Firefox, was born.

Mickey Rooney (1920), Ray Charles (1930), Julio Iglesias (1943), Bruce Springsteen (1949), and Jason Alexander (1959) have B-days today.

Whoo HOOO! Arnold Schwarzenegger signs a bill to allow hybrid cars in HOV lanes. Finally, some smart ideas in which to make hybrid cars more "feasible" in areas with high vehicle impact areas.

First off, the two meanings.
1) We should get some rain soon. Hopefully!! The remains of Tropical Storm, then Hurricane, then Tropical Storm, then disturbance and now AGAIN Tropical Storm Ivan. That way I won't have to water my lawn as much to keep the grass somewhat happy. I've also been looking forward to some rain as well. I'm actually not one of those people that has to have a full and bright sunny day everyday. Granted I do enjoy the warm, breezy, sunny, not too hot not too cold days that makes me wish I was outside and/or makes me open the windows in my house. I also enjoy the dark, gloomy, rainy days that allows a person to take a restful nap, enjoy some time just watching it rain out the window, or just simply listen to the rain pound againt the roof or car as I drive around in it. Those are nice days as well.

2) Hopefully I'll hear from my job opportunity tomorrow. It's come down to that. We will see how it goes........ I also have yet to hear from two other positions I've applied for, I definately things are going slow, I still know that I have to work on my patience. Although, I think my continency now is that I'll start talking to my connections to begin looking at some consultants. I'm still weiry though. I don't want to sign my life or my family away for the next several years.

I guess when it comes down to that. All evidence to the contrary from my past working experience is that I'd just like an 8 to 5 job for a while. Now, I know it will have some late evenings and things like that, but I guess it's has to do with having a stable or "predictable" hours with an "unpredictable" day. I guess that's always been from my "dream day". Here's a quick insight into my dream day. Get to work at 8, see the news and papers or things that need immediate attention, meetings and work in the office in the morning, working/non-working lunches, and meetings and field stuff in the afternoon with an hour back at the office before I leave somewhere between 5 and 6. A mix between in and out of the office as well as multiple tasking.

I'll let ya'll know how it goes soon........as a friend likes to say "Make it a great one!"

Laters,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home