Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Fitting It In Between Chores

This history goes out to my Dad on his birthday........Happy Birthday Dad!

1692 - The last hangings in the United States for the charge of witchcraft.
1789 - The position of United States Postmaster General was created.
1893 - The first American automobile was displayed.
1949 - Russia detonated its first nuclear weapon.
1985 - The Farm Aid concert happened in Champaign, Illinois.

Michael Faraday (1791), Erich von Stroheim (1885), Tommy Lasorda (1927), My Dad (194? he-he-he) Shari Belafonte (1954), Debbie Boone (1956), Andrea Bocelli (1958), Scott Baio (1961), Bonnie Hunt (1964) all have birthdays today!!!

Today is the Autumnal Equinox - FALL IS HERE!!!

I
thought I would fit in a small entry before I talk to my parents. I'm assuming they went to a nice dinner and my wife's parents called just a few minutes ago, so better now than later.

I did find an interesting yet scary article about a current Supreme Court case that talks about what are the limites of emminent domain for cities. Right now some cities have few limits on exercising emminent domain towards any landowner. I hope the Supreme Court hears the case and there are limits placed that protect landowners in some form. Planning wise it helps, but is it ethical since land will almost always appreciate over time? Read it, and think about the implications!!

Laters,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home