Monday, September 20, 2004

Tense Timing?

Todays history lesson........
1519 - Ferdinand Magellan begins his aournd-the-world voyage.
1946 - Beginning of the first Cannes Film Festival.
1979 - Lee Iacocca is elected president of Chrysler.
1998 - Cal Ripken Jr. takes his first day off in baseball after 2,632 consecutive baseball games.

Dr. Joyce Brothers (1928), Sophia Loren (1934), Gary Cole (1956) have birthdays today.

As I mentioned last Thursday, I felt real lazy. On the other hand, I just think I've been slacking on stuff here since I heard back from this particular job opportunity. I think I'm just really, really uptight about this job opportunity along with hearing back from some that I turned in a while back. We will see........

I did have a secondary interview over the phone on Friday. It lasted less than 30 minutes. The only thing is, is when someone asks about something off topic but knowledge of the area or subject helps type of thing. Well, I got asked something like that. When do you know if it counts or not? I guess the answer is you don't really know. So I did what I always do, I told the truth that I really did not know, but could find out! In actuality it's really up to the person asking.

Anyways, I figured out this weekend that I needed to kind of redouble my efforts. So I finished trimming the hedges, worked on several of the rooms in the house. Really cleaning and vaccuming the baseboards and such.

Getting Back to Basics!

While doing all of this stuff, of which I am still working on, I realized I needed to find another subject in which to pour some more of my resources, as I did earlier this summer to keep my sanity. So, I'm actually going to see if I can find some more stuff on something else. I have a few ideas and am already working on something. Not real big, just basic stuff that will help my wife and I........I don't know, but as G.I. Joe said, "Knowing is half the battle."

Just to catch up. I haven't caught back up on my readings yet, but I'm slowly working on it. But I have been able to get my body back into a somewhat 'normal' sleeping pattern. Yeah. Although the cats hate it.

Laters,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home